The Simple Swing Golf Forum
The Simple Swing Golf Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 4. Open Forum
 Open Forum
 NBS - - - - - - No Backswing Swing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bkroon

223 Posts

Posted - November 19 2007 :  4:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit bkroon's Homepage Send bkroon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anybody take a look at the " No backswing, swing " yet.

See following link ******************************You must be logged in to see this link.
from Golf magazine.

Part of the rationale is........we get our swing messed up during the backswing portion. Position your arms, hands and club properly at the 9 0'clock postion, take the club back and then forward. The idea being that if you position your arms, hands and club properly and then swing at the ball, you eliminate lots of "bad" moves.

Think baseball swing.

I tried this on the practice range.......seemed to work quite well.....tomorrow will play a course with this and see how it goes.

May the wind be always at your back.

Rob In Sunny Phoenix *8D************************

Edited by - bkroon on November 19 2007 5:29:18 PM

mikeoleary

573 Posts

Posted - November 19 2007 :  10:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikeoleary's Homepage Send mikeoleary a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bk
amazing isn't it? I seem to remember hearing about this backswing position thing somewhere.........????? oh yeah - SS! we have been preaching and teaching this since day one.
amazing now that more and more of cg is now coming to SS and our fundamentals and principles.
Left arm parallel / wrist flat/ arms extended/ baseball swing by using upper body and not hands and wrists/ head still/ weight back/ ............
good luck with correct practice now that you have got it. Look forward to hearing how it goes. call me with any questions
MikeO
Go to Top of Page

kfarkle

USA
271 Posts

Posted - November 20 2007 :  12:28:18 PM  Show Profile Send kfarkle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Rob,

Are you adapting this method to SS? Address the ball in the power set stance, set the club at parallel, pump and turn through? Seems like Mike demonstrates the 'set' or 'pump to' position in the Playing Lesson DVD without quite going to the NBS swing.

I fiddled with it a bit when the golf mags started talking about it recently, but it felt awkward to me and I didn't really spend any time with it. Never took it to the range. I thought it felt like it restricted my swing, couldn't turn as much from a set position and felt more tension than coil. It makes sense though, but there is something in the motion or lack of that I need to adjust to. Want to pick up my left foot or waggle the club like a bat...Happy Gilmore maybe.

Curious to hear how you do with it. Always interested in fewer moving parts, don't know if this is for me but it would sure seem to fit well with the SS method.

Best,
Kurt
Go to Top of Page

bkroon

223 Posts

Posted - November 20 2007 :  1:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit bkroon's Homepage Send bkroon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm using the NBS on the practice range to get a feel for slowing down my swing / tempo ......Seems to help.

We played at Rolling Hills in Tempe today, and I did hit a much higher percentage of really good shots.

My adaptation to SS ( if you can call it that ) ......I try to pump and then stop at the top....then transition into the downswing.

Now I'm sure I really don't come to a complete stop at the top.....but that is my swing thought. Slowing the entire swing process down.......especially the transition from back swing to down swing......seems to afford the most help.

Over-all, I think the NBS concept helps me because I need to slow down and it helps me to practice NBS on the range......then go to the course.

Rob in Sunny Phoenix *8D************************
Go to Top of Page

kfarkle

USA
271 Posts

Posted - November 20 2007 :  6:10:40 PM  Show Profile Send kfarkle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's interesting, Rob...if I'm following you correctly you are using the NBS at practice and SS on the course, if not kind of melding them together. That does seem like a real good way to get in that set position Mike shows while working on tempo.

Maybe the NBS is a little more dynamic than what I've pictured having never seen it on the tube, just in the magazines. Have not seen it on the course either, but maybe it's not quite as noticeable as I've imagined. Think of Sergio hovering over his ball for 30 seconds with his arm parallel to the ground, gallery imploring him to hit it.

Thinking of the golf swing as positions instead of a continuous motion has killed me in the past, but I've read somewhere that some great golfers have more or less set the club at the top. Better go back and have a look at the instruction again, and thanks for sharing this.

Best,
Kurt
Go to Top of Page

bkroon

223 Posts

Posted - November 21 2007 :  01:42:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit bkroon's Homepage Send bkroon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kurt

My understanding of the NBS ....based upon the video clip ......is you preset your arms, hands, wrists, club..... at the angle where your arms are at 9 o'clock ....this, coupled with the wrist cock......puts your club about straight up......at this point I can check the position out.....i.e. is the club face open or closed ?

When ready, think of a baseball swing.....most batters usually position their bat much like the above.....as the ball approaches the plate....the batter raises the arms back and up.....then swings at the ball. NBS is the same..... per the video clip.

I find that on the range this delivers a well struck ball most of the time....( not perfect yet! )

My major swing problem is swinging too fast and too hard, pulling myself out of alignment. The MBS practice seems to slow me down.

I don't consciously use NBS on the course, but the lessons do seem to carry over in timing and tempo.

Works for me !

Edited by - bkroon on November 21 2007 01:43:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

kfarkle

USA
271 Posts

Posted - November 21 2007 :  4:38:20 PM  Show Profile Send kfarkle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might eliminate "bad" moves, Rob...but not bad movies. It's turkey time! Seriously though, I think you're on to something here. Great way to go through the checklist and practice with purpose, my elements need this.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

******************************video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8824665521814604816

Best,
Kurt
Go to Top of Page

Happy Golfer

3 Posts

Posted - November 23 2007 :  5:40:33 PM  Show Profile Send Happy Golfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kfarkle

You might eliminate "bad" moves, Rob...but not bad movies. It's turkey time! Seriously though, I think you're on to something here. Great way to go through the checklist and practice with purpose, my elements need this.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

******************************video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8824665521814604816

Best,
Kurt

This can not be the way to play golf get real look at your posture what is your back leg doing, itís unnatural and your left hand wow you need to clear your head just empty your mind pick up a club and swing it so that it feels good and in balance donít worry about the shot and donít try to steer the club just swing back and forth feel relaxed feel your body coil keep in balance then build from there your not going to enjoy anything the way you look in the video sorry if you donít want to hear all this but if you think Iím wrong ask yourself is what your doing working? Has your game improved well has it.
*:)************************Golfer
Go to Top of Page

kfarkle

USA
271 Posts

Posted - November 24 2007 :  7:48:14 PM  Show Profile Send kfarkle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm truly sorry for getting carried away with this, it wasn't intended to be instruction at all. My apologies Rob, and to anyone offended by it. The clip has been removed.

Kurt
Go to Top of Page

bkroon

223 Posts

Posted - November 25 2007 :  5:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit bkroon's Homepage Send bkroon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

No apologies necessary, I enjoyed your clip very much. You have a great practice set up going there.

I think we all need to have open minds and take a look at new stuff that comes along, evaluate the new stuff and see if /or how the new might apply to us or our game. That's how we grow.

I intend to use the NBS as a practice tool on the driving range to help me slow down my back swing and smooth the transition from backs wing to down swing. So far it is working very well for me......doesn't mean it has anything to do with other golfers.

At Rolling Hills GC ( a Tempe, AZ muni ) also an executive course 1800+ yards, par 31....... I hit 4 of 4 fairways on the par 4's and 4 of 5 par 3s......that has never happened to me before.

I attribute this to slowed swing, a fast swing "yanks" me all out of any alignment I ever had at the start.

Moe Norman was once quoted as saying, The only function of the back swing is to get you into position so you can swing down at the ball.

This implies that if you screw up the backswing, you have no chance at all on the downswing.

Thanks again for the clip, I enjoyed it.

Go to Top of Page

Happy Golfer

3 Posts

Posted - November 26 2007 :  06:15:03 AM  Show Profile Send Happy Golfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The short answer is this either you use SS or you donít creating a bit of one swing and a little more of another is one sure way to confusion and before long on the 1st tee you will have so much on your mind you might as well go home. So many swings out there in Internet land all offering a different way but we have chosen SS and thatís why we are here and if you believe in it then you must give it your all or otherwise go try another but donít mix them up. It is essential to feel and control your swing as one item and not to concentrate on any part of it your swing must be a single unit not as a succession of positions or even a succession of movements or thoughts your swing is one and indivisible and thatís it I donít have anything more to say on the matter Itís just fact
*:)************************
Go to Top of Page

jksee

USA
1 Posts

Posted - November 28 2007 :  9:04:12 PM  Show Profile Send jksee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wondering. Those of you using NBS, are you only using it on full swings (like Driver, fairway woods, long irons, etc.) or are you also using it on partial swings? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

kfarkle

USA
271 Posts

Posted - November 29 2007 :  7:28:03 PM  Show Profile Send kfarkle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi jksee,

I'm really not using NBS, but have had a good experience with it. I've fiddled with it a bit on the practice mat in the driveway after reading Rob's post, kind of got a feel for it. It seems to me I have to relax and try to feel as tension free as I can make good contact. That's a good thing, effortless.

Went to the driving range over the weekend to burn off some turkey, and started off slowly as Mike instructs us at the first short flag with some SS pitches and half swings, slowly widening the stance. Not going to bad, then tried some full swings. Seemed to be getting quick, hitting those low and left shots you'll hear about here.

Remembered Rob's post, and decided to try a little NBS. My target is this mound in the center of the range with a blue flag in it, around 150 yards. First shot was dead straight over the top of it, longer and straighter with the same club I had started with. Hit about four in a row just like it using NBS with the t-lock stance. Went back to a conventional SS and just started busting the ball. Maybe using the NBS gets me into more of an upright position like Ian is talking about, I don't know. It sure seemed to jump start my practice and I think I tried it with about every club, full swing. It seemed to kind of re-set my swing when I started to get quick again.

In answer to your question...I can't remember if I tried NBS with any partial swings. Don't think so with the wedges, maybe with some punch shots. Mike's got me going with those feet together shots he's hitting in the Playing Lesson from around 100 yards. The only NBS instruction I've seen starts with the arm parallel, and then that 'pump' into the full turn. That's an interesting question you have, now you've got me wondering.

Just my .02 for what it's worth, I think NBS is good stuff. I agree with Happy about trying to get in positions. I wasted a lot of time trying to connect the dots. Earnest Jones and SS are the best things that ever happened to my golf swing. Mike shows us where we need to 'get to' in his new DVD, and NBS starts about there. For me personally, I think NBS can really help me in practice. On the course I don't want to think about any of it, just swing the clubhead at the target...then hope it will go in the hole...*B)************************

Best,
Kurt
Go to Top of Page

pausHoafsoina

Guyana
130 Posts

Posted - May 21 2017 :  07:10:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit pausHoafsoina's Homepage  Send pausHoafsoina an ICQ Message Send pausHoafsoina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Article From Article Directory DatabaseDiamondbacks Add Mark Grace To Hales Staff RealGM WiretapMark Grace will join Chip Hale's staff with the Arizona Diamondbacks as assistant hitting coach.com report. **************************************************************************nflchinajerseyswholesale.us.com/************************Cheap Jerseys*********************************************************.Whether people click on your site in the search listings. If tissue pH deviates too far to the acid side, oxygen levels decrease and cells die.**************************************************************************nflchinajerseyswholesale.us.com/************************Cheap NFL Jerseys*********************************************************.This is in your best interest if you're to remain healthy and reside a more fruitful life. They are also given the right understanding of different website areas and how can these site areas be properly handled. This may be good if you make candles or soaps, and wish to sell them online.0, aging is accelerated because natural acid salts build up in the walls of your cells, causing them to stiffen and dry up. Usually the people who do not have much knowledge and knowledge of this field tend to ruin the entire look of the home.. You will have your home improvement products review website become a success in not time with these tips.**************************************************************************nflchinajerseyswholesale.us.com/************************Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale*********************************************************. These are all great endeavors, and most of them are growing in size and audience every day.<br>Visit my siteÔŅĹÔŅĹ*********************************************************nflchinajerseyswholesale.us.com/
Go to Top of Page

JesseNoinc

Tajikistan
35 Posts

Posted - July 12 2017 :  11:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit JesseNoinc's Homepage  Send JesseNoinc an AOL message  Send JesseNoinc an ICQ Message  Send JesseNoinc a Yahoo! Message Send JesseNoinc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The internet hosting specifications for Magento are demanding so picking out an efficient online host is crucial for somme achieving success.Maintain a separate bank account for your veterinarian service business dealings. Not only is really a blunt saw unsuccessful it is also a security concern to the user. *****************https://***************************jerseystowholesale.com/************************Cheap Jerseys From China*********************************************************.com.Pittsburgh would likely make the addition via trade.*****************https://***************************jerseystowholesale.com/************************Wholesale NFL Jerseys China*********************************************************. Ensure to click the arrow within the upper proper corner and choose "Ye Ship's Rigging" found in the dropdown menu. You are able to attempt studying about how on the web advertising will help increase your company.*****************https://***************************jerseystowholesale.com/************************Wholesale Jerseys USA*********************************************************.Try out this simple process #8211; Get on to one of the Search Engines right now & find various search terms which you think apply to your business. It#8217;s simple enough if you just work hard at this sort of thing. What you are buying is the time it takes a smaller tree to mature. It helps to keep key and the privacy of your vocabulary status as needed. Consumers can checkout with no need of establishing an account and still have buys delivered to numerous addresses within a solitary buy.<br>Visit my site£ļhttps://***************************jerseystowholesale.com/
Go to Top of Page

Francisacamn

Saudi Arabia
29 Posts

Posted - August 07 2017 :  02:28:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Francisacamn's Homepage  Send Francisacamn an AOL message  Send Francisacamn an ICQ Message  Send Francisacamn a Yahoo! Message Send Francisacamn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chimney cleaners are still in existence, and they will remove the creosote from your chimneys.Tom G. This assists that entrepreneurial endeavor take ly much in the way faster. All you need to do is find some way of improving a product that already exists by tweaking it in some way or adding another dimension to it. One downside in the process may be that you would need to take care of all the household chores yourself, but any maid or even helper can invariably be hired for this kind of purposes. **************************************************************************jerseysstore.co/************************Cheap Jerseys From China*********************************************************.**************************************************************************jerseysstore.co/************************Cheap Jerseys China*********************************************************. An additional probability could be the that they will dsicover your aimed at your site site fascinating a good amount of for more information on place a primary link to element throughout the their site.com.One way to save money on life insurance is to lead a wholesome lifestyle. When you have a fire using wood, the highly combustible residue is creosote,**************************************************************************jerseysstore.co/************************Wholesale NFL Jerseys*********************************************************, which is corrosive and toxic. That has meant a lot. The current flow will automatically stop once the GFCI realizes that there is a short and the circuit itself.When you see this device, it has a plastic casing and has LEDs on it with markings for your outlet components.<br>Visit my site£ļ*********************************************************jerseysstore.co/
Go to Top of Page

pausHoafsoina

Guyana
130 Posts

Posted - October 07 2017 :  3:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit pausHoafsoina's Homepage  Send pausHoafsoina an ICQ Message Send pausHoafsoina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pero acaso importa la causa, cuando el efecto es el mismo ?. Click here to know more about pirater facebook (hack facebook). Handguns are simpler to utilise with respect to scaled-down adventure greatly assist accuracy. These boards come in various Sizes. If you hunger for the convenience of the fanny pack, think about getting a multi-wallet travel vest instead.Embrace an "about us" page in your website so that people can get a really feel for who you're as a house business.Power and magnification are both indispensable, **************************************************************************wholesalenflfootballjerseys.com/************************Wholesale Jerseys Cheap*********************************************************, and they should be borne in mind before purchasing a rifle. They do this to know whether they are living in a safe place or not.Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA are vital for complete cardiovascular health. And once you will have the same, automatically you will love gambling over there with high amount. No matter what your style,**************************************************************************wholesalenflfootballjerseys.com/************************Cheap NFL Jerseys China*********************************************************, following these six tips would really help you to decorate your wedding venue. Pune real estate market is rapidly mounting following the Indian real estate trend.**************************************************************************wholesalenflfootballjerseys.com/************************Cheap Jerseys From China*********************************************************.<br>Visit my site£ļ*********************************************************wholesalenflfootballjerseys.com/
Go to Top of Page

pausHoafsoina

Guyana
130 Posts

Posted - October 07 2017 :  3:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit pausHoafsoina's Homepage  Send pausHoafsoina an ICQ Message Send pausHoafsoina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<p><p style="text-align: justify;">Great and recommendable online gambling sites are always well-versed with each and every facility.<p><p style="text-align: justify;">Great and recommendable online gambling sites are always well-versed with each and every facility. In case the reports don't match your requirement then we can do a specialized Custom Research for you.S. Within the beginning I began with the binaural beat classes nonetheless at this time I take rewards of usually the isochronic colors as they're way additional realistic.S. Pune developers are increasingly constructing commercial property to meet specific melodies in mind. This is because of the intriguing and inspiring features of the movie. **************************************************************************outletjerseys.us.com/************************Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping*********************************************************. Choose "General" button perfectly located at the left line and get around on "Edit" in which found close to language, Try choosing "English Pirate" based in the drop-down menu.Search For Free Indiana Criminal Records OnlineSearch For Free Indiana Criminal Records OnlineAugust 25,**************************************************************************outletjerseys.us.com/************************Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap*********************************************************, 2013 | Author: Christopher Evans | Posted in BusinessRecords of arrest in Indiana are opened and can be easily accessed by the local residents of the state.**************************************************************************outletjerseys.us.com/************************Cheap NFL Jerseys From China*********************************************************. Speed of the service will be there, but all you just need to fine tune the best searches.Combine these three words into your own home business strategy: loyalty, consistency, and work habits.<br>Visit my site£ļ*********************************************************outletjerseys.us.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Simple Swing Golf Forum © Copyright 2017 Simple Golf LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2