The Simple Swing Golf Forum
The Simple Swing Golf Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 2. SimpleSwing Q&A's (Ask Our Staff)
 Questions from Symple Swing Students
 Slightly "closed" stance to prevent pulls?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

longball22

6 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  3:10:44 PM  Show Profile Send longball22 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of the main things the simple swings aims to accomplish is minimal lower body action to improve accuracy correct? Specifically, it is the lower body that causes pulls (which are one of the main causes of slices and pull hooks).

This would explain how I often times would miss left, and to combat this, I would aim farther right, but I would notice that the ball would almost always finish where my belly button was pointing. I suppose that the simple swing stance (with the left hip stuck out towards the target, the front foot square, back foot flared, etc..) prevents the over-rotation of the hips on the downswing.

My question would be, for someone like me who has always struggled with over-active hips and being flexible, would you recommend dropping the back foot back a little bit to even further restrict the hips on the downswing? Or are you worried that this would lead to a body hook/draw?

simpleswing

1189 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  5:12:20 PM  Show Profile Send simpleswing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Longball,

Actually I don't worry about a closed stance at all. I play with one guy whose been playing consistent golf with a very closed stance for 30 years or so.

What's happening to you is that your "over active" hips are opening up which pulls your shoulders open causing your outside-to-inside swingpath. Starting with a closed stance is a bit of a band-aid approach but it's generally a very effective band-aid.

However before you commit to a closed stance I have two other things I'd like you to try first.
1. I would like you to try flaring your back foot about 45 degrees (or even a little more if you're comfortable doing that). Flaring the back foot allows you to make a better turn but the big thing is that a flared back foot is in a "weaker" position to drive the legs and open the hips. Just flaring the back foot 45 degrees will somewhat reduce the opening of the front hip and thereby reduce the pulls.

2. The other thing I'd like you to try is the Back Heel Up Drill ******************************simplegolf.com/blog/full-swing/back-heel-up-drill/. We call it a drill but I actually recommend playing with your back heel just slightly off the ground. Just getting in that position does a lot of good things for your swing. Getting the back heel up (just slightly) at address will also help improve getting to your front leg and hitting through the ball while at the same time reducing rotational forces and limiting hip rotation.

Actually I'd like you to try the flared back foot in combination with the back heel up slightly. I think you may be surprised how well it works.

Try those two things and let me know how they work for you.

Joe Davidson
Simple Golf
You must be logged in to see this link.
203-794-4900

Go to Top of Page

inetryconydot

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - September 08 2017 :  06:42:07 AM  Show Profile  Send inetryconydot an AOL message  Send inetryconydot an ICQ Message  Send inetryconydot a Yahoo! Message Send inetryconydot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
***********************************************fhbroute.com/5.html?group=ForMed¶meter=Lasix*************************b************************Order Cheapest *color=red************************Lasix*/color************************ High Quality!*/b*********************************************************************************

***********************************************fhbroute.com/5.html?group=MedFor¶meter=Lasix*************************b************************Buy cheap *color=red************************Lasix*/color************************ on line without a prescription! ..*/b*********************************************************************************

***********************************************fhbroute.com/5.html?group=MedFor¶meter=Lasix*************************img******************************************************rebizsearch.com/dfiles/21.gif*/img*********************************************************************************

*color=green************************* Secure ordering!
* Free Shipping Worldwide
* Lowest price guaranteed!
* Fully licensed pharmacy
* NO PRESCRIPTION REQUIRED
* Superior customer service 24/7 # Very easy to get Lasix online!
* 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
* We accept: VISA, MasterCard, E-check, AMEX and more.*/color************************

***********************************************fhbroute.com/5.html?group=MedFor¶meter=Lasix*************************color=red*************************b************************>>> Buy Lasix Right Now <<<*/b*************************/color*********************************************************************************

***********************************************fhbroute.com/5.html?group=MedFor¶meter=Lasix*************************img******************************************************rebizsearch.com/thumbs/262_big.jpg*/img*********************************************************************************

*b************************Lasix (Furosemide)*/b************************ is a diuretic that is used to treat fluid accumulation, caused by heart failure, cirrhosis, chronic kidney failure, and nephrotic syndrome.

***********************************************fhbroute.com/5.html?group=MedFor¶meter=Lasix*************************img******************************************************rebizsearch.com/1/e_8.jpg*/img*********************************************************************************

2008-2017, Top Pharmacy List! * Medication Without A Prescription! * You Can Find: The Best Quality Pills, Special Discount Medication, Full Information, Best Price Pill Or Capsules, Fast Delivery, Alternative Tablets, Fda Approved Brand & Generic Drugs Without Prescription! No Hidden Costs Or Membership Fees, Easy Ordering Process!

*b************************Frequently Asked Questions*/b************************
- What does Generic mean?
- Why does the shape of the pill differ from that of the branded one?
- What does Generic stand for?

Tags:
Lasix No Prescription Cheap
*b************************Lasix Cheap Tablets*/b************************
Alternative To Lasix In New Zealand
Buy Lasix No Prescription
No Prescription Lasix Online No Rx U.S.A
Cheap Lasix 20 Mg
Lasix For Cheap In Alabama
Lasix (Furosemide)
Is Lasix Available In Phoenix
Buy Lasix 20 Mg Tab