The Simple Swing Golf Forum
The Simple Swing Golf Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 3. SimpleSwing Open Discussions
 Symple Putting & Symple Putter Open Discussion
 Straight Left Leg To Help Quiet Lower Body
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

happyinhawaii

USA
5 Posts

Posted - April 10 2010 :  10:31:32 PM  Show Profile Send happyinhawaii a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Joe,

I can't retrace my steps to see where I saw it (blog or forum), but you had suggested straightening the lead (left leg for right-handers) leg to quieten the lower body. I tried this today to take care of a problem I had yesterday (two pulled drives, 1 OB and 1 in a water hazard), which I deduce is from an overactive hip turn with a folow-through ending with my body turned well left of target.

The straight-leg stye (I normally flex both knees) did the trick. I also tried to "firm up both thighs" and feel the "force" more on my right leg (like a home run hitter), without keeping my weight on my right side. That was tricky for me, and I'm not sure I was working with the right swing keys. Can you elaborate on the home-run hitters' swing (vs. the slap-singles hitters and clarify the force (weight?) on the lower back leg (vs. the front leg), presumably to gain more distance and power?

Incidentally, I used the straight-left-leg approach in your experimental putting style, even though you didn't include it in your instructions. I favor a universal, consistent same-way swing and grip, whether it's for putting or driving, just so I don't have to learn different swings for different clubs, although I'm sure that different situations call for some adaptations.

Thanks, George

PS I also used a Tac-Tic for the wrist for the first time today. It's a winner! I'm happy to report that my left wrist is flat throughout my swings.

George Kagawa

flopper

Sweden
481 Posts

Posted - April 11 2010 :  04:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit flopper's Homepage Send flopper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In baseball, they move thier body back and then as the ball comes in, then they step out and then turn around their spine.
Obviously we cant step as this would cause lower body movement and require a lot more timing.

Check the drill for the "symple turn" which should clarify that.
Turning (without a sway) to the right using the left hip as pivot point, I couldnt do last year.
I spent 2 weeks working that drill with set up and follow trough.
This allowed me to notice how the body turned around the left hip with the spine hopefully the same angle.

Now, I just tweak this by sorting out uneeded movement, as I still have some small motions as drop the right shoulder to scope the ball up.
My turn now, is really small, vs the stuff I did do last year and early on.
I also worked hard on my flexibility especially front quads, hip rotators the last 3 months.
That helped to feel the turn also.

The Tour Pro quest continues, Hope is alive.
Continue to prove that the Symple Swing has tour pro quality.
Go to Top of Page

simpleswing

1189 Posts

Posted - April 11 2010 :  3:55:00 PM  Show Profile Send simpleswing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi George,

You probably read about the straight front leg here: The Symple Turn – A simplied lower body motion for the golf swing. ******************************simplegolf.com/blog/full-swing/lower-body-action/the-symple-turn-a-simplied-lower-body-motion-for-the-golf-swing/ and if you didn't you should read that anyway.

As a home run hitter swings he swings into a straight front leg (Note: in golf we don't have to "step in the pitch" so we've eliminated the step baseball players use.) Just go to your sport page of your local paper or google home run hitters and your see plenty of pictures of home run hitters hitting into their front leg and keeping there head back (spine tilted away from target).

Theoretically you can get a couple of mph's more of swing speed by rotating the hips very fast however it takes world class timing and coordination and decades of practice to do that effectively. For the rest of us we can can much straighter, much more consistent and even longer hits from using the Symple Turn.

As flopper indicated it takes some practice to really ingrain that motion but that practice will pay huge dividends.

Joe Davidson
Simple Golf
Go to Top of Page

mikeoleary

573 Posts

Posted - April 11 2010 :  9:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikeoleary's Homepage Send mikeoleary a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George,
great job in understanding and benefitting from our fundamentals. I have truly enjoyed our phone conversations and emails in which you have critiqued, analyzed and implemented and tested our methodology.
Great job with all of the above and I look forward to our next conversation. How has your last couple rounds of ball striking been? thanks for your email and analysis of our putting and method.
Interesting straight left leg/ will test it? thanks definitely keeps you still with no knee movement etc.
Great job with tac tic, its so funny with my students who hate it at first then love it after it fixes their problem.
give me a call anytime monday as will be doing editing and available before lessons start on tuesday.
take care
Mike O
Go to Top of Page

berniefromtn

USA
1 Posts

Posted - October 29 2011 :  04:16:36 AM  Show Profile Send berniefromtn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BWAHAHAHAHA...I've been doing this for years and suffered the barb's of my fellow players until I take the money at the end of the round.
FINALLY some other "Baseball Swingers" with a golf club.
Just joined and I am reading everything..so good so far...left hand on the club does feel odd...but I will work with it.

Thanks
Bernie
Go to Top of Page

pausHoafsoina

Guyana
221 Posts

Posted - October 26 2017 :  10:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit pausHoafsoina's Homepage  Send pausHoafsoina an ICQ Message Send pausHoafsoina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With this much trouble it may seem like sometimes you have no choice but to miss the big game, that is in less you think ahead and have a source where you can watch live football streaming online. Therefore if you are worried about missing a game right now, you can stop worrying because it is easy to start using live football streaming so that you never have to miss a second of a big game again. Even if you are a curious child wanting to know more about your parent#8217;s past history before they were your parents. ***********************************************You must be logged in to see this link. Soccer Jerseys*********************************************************. A highly professional kind of car audio installation project need not be expensive and in this regard, you can bank on our capabilities.***********************************************You must be logged in to see this link. Basketball Jerseys*********************************************************. Therefore it is a smart decision to visit the actual brothels. Therefore, anyone would like to understand how to try with this.. Some world-wide-web defence really should be integrated with the distributive towards get the functions of the least difficult antivirus security. You are able to go ahead and purchase a membership next if you are pleased about the results. Because the larvae are so small, it’s difficult to detect their presence in the water.***********************************************You must be logged in to see this link. Soccer Jerseys China*********************************************************. Stick to these recommended tips for resilient and better physical appearance of your home shutters so that you can add an energy to the overall look. Even better, with this particular live football streaming source you can watch more than just the big game as there is over thirty more sport and movie channels you can choose from.<br>Visit my site£º******************************You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

pausHoafsoina

Guyana
221 Posts

Posted - January 17 2018 :  04:50:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit pausHoafsoina's Homepage  Send pausHoafsoina an ICQ Message Send pausHoafsoina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whether you are still planning your business or have already launched it, gaining customers is important. You can speak to mothers who have children that are about the exact same age because the one you have, otherwise you can browse for client reviews. It is normal to have at least a one inch throw and on the strike side, they should have a security plate. This means you need not spend time, effort and money on testing the equipment before you let your equipment operators use it. Rockwood campers also provide extremely amazing outdoor actions, which can be the actual source of fun for many campers when going on the trip. **************************************************************************wholesalenflnikejerseys.us.com/************************Wholesale NFL Jerseys Free Shipping*********************************************************.Are you having difficulty getting started with exercise?Your best excuse immediately pops into your mind to interfere with your good intentions.It feels really good.**************************************************************************wholesalenflnikejerseys.us.com/************************Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap*********************************************************.**************************************************************************wholesalenflnikejerseys.us.com/************************Cheap Jerseys China*********************************************************. However, such keys can still be duplicated no matter what situation or where. Strong nerves and tissues boost blood supply to the reproductive organs. And more often than not, they receive additional safety information specific to their job post.2.If you have pain below the knee cap, and you think it may be the growth plates, it may be a syndrome called Osgood Schlatters Disease.//////////
Go to Top of Page

Richardshode

Algeria
330 Posts

Posted - June 14 2018 :  01:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Richardshode's Homepage  Send Richardshode an AOL message  Send Richardshode an ICQ Message  Send Richardshode a Yahoo! Message Send Richardshode a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They have sensors that indicate a rodent, in this case squirrels, are in the location and transmits an electromagnetic or ultrasound to cause the squirrel to abandon the area.If you like your marriage to be what you are dreaming of, then you will follow religiously what this powerful book will share with you. There are some real dangers to being very active when you are too thin just as there are with being too fat."It said the registration as a GI product in EU provides an added value to the traditional reputation of Kampot pepper, ***********************************************You must be logged in to see this link. Jerseys*********************************************************, as it will help combat counterfeiting and fake products marketed in the EU, as well as help boost the market performance of the product in the EU, in Cambodia and on other markets because the product will be able to carry the Protected Geographical Indication quality logo from now on. Infertility is a common problem among men and fortunately these days, treatment options are available. dollars) into RHS Garden Wisley in horticulture,***********************************************You must be logged in to see this link.You must be logged in to see this link. new laboratories, learning buildings and visitor facilities, making the garden an even more important center for science. With women becoming more active in the same activities as men its no surprise that womens sports medicine is growing quickly. A few experts point out to have the best results nuts, acorns as well as fresh fruits work best foods to make use of to.Several companies operate here.***********************************************You must be logged in to see this link. Jerseys Free Shipping*********************************************************. Those who participate in sports like gymnastics and figure skating (where being thin is emphasized) are particularly prone to these conditions.Women who engage in regular exercise to improve their health and weight may face special challenges in the lower body.3.<br>Visit my site??******************************You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Richardshode

Algeria
330 Posts

Posted - June 26 2018 :  02:36:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Richardshode's Homepage  Send Richardshode an AOL message  Send Richardshode an ICQ Message  Send Richardshode a Yahoo! Message Send Richardshode a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"I am confident that the defeat and vanishing of terrorism would be possible through real determination of the governments to fight against terrorism in a united front," Iranian Defense Minister Hossein Dehqan said on Sunday. In the outlet, youll find new items and once a month deals on the shoes and gadgets you like.The descriptions in the controversial logs would have certainly seen the Japanese troops withdrawn from the area in South Sudan as the troops could have become caught up in fighting there, ***********************************************You must be logged in to see this link. Jerseys From China*********************************************************, which would not only endanger their lives, but also contravene the nation's pacifist Constitution."Live 360o is an emerging technology," the U.On Jan 30, 2013, Xu ??exorcised?? Guan with her daughter and son, thinking Guan was possessed by ??the evil spirit. Nevertheless I want to congratulate all Iraqis for this great victory," Saad Aziz, a soldier in Mansour district in western Baghdad, told Xinhua.Peopletopeople exchanges have been strengthened in the fields of education, culture, health, tourism, media, think tank, political party and youth, and at local levels,***********************************************You must be logged in to see this link. NFL Jerseys Free Shipping*********************************************************, he said. This type of art has also been featured in movies and the most successful is by Bruce Lee who has delivered good tactics of martial arts. Its likely thatLastly, sometimes it definitely pays off if you wait around somewhat longer. If you are the new Android Smartphone user than the recommended game for you could be a hay day back.Xu had the classmate of her daughter, whose surname is Guan, staying with her in the belief she could give the young woman mental treatment.Economic cooperation has been growing steadily, with bilateral trade increasing to 58.***********************************************You must be logged in to see this link. NFL Jerseys Wholesale*********************************************************.<br>Visit my site??******************************You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Richardshode

Algeria
330 Posts

Posted - July 11 2018 :  01:19:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Richardshode's Homepage  Send Richardshode an AOL message  Send Richardshode an ICQ Message  Send Richardshode a Yahoo! Message Send Richardshode a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Memory Foam Mattresses are swiftly taking the planet by storm because of to the perceived wellness advantages they supply as nicely as offering an amazing nights rest.Ando Leppiman,deputy secretary general for energy of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Infrastructure, **************************************************************************jerseyswholesalejerseys.us.com/************************Cheap NFL Jerseys From China*********************************************************, said that Estonia's leading role and model in developing and deploying energyrelated esolutions was recognized by some of the EU members. Get as much information about a website as you can so that you can make a safe choice.""He said that in the long term human explorers can figure out ways to increase greenhouse gases in the Martian atmosphere to warm up the planet and to melt ice on the surface.A cold air intake usually uses a cone filter which is not enclosed, allowing it to draw air from all sides.**************************************************************************jerseyswholesalejerseys.us.com/************************Cheap Jerseys From China*********************************************************.Memory Foam Mattresses are swiftly taking the planet by storm because of to the perceived wellness advantages they supply as nicely as offering an amazing nights rest. Winter has set in so you need to put on something to make yourself warm and cozy but surely fashion would be the objective as well.9 percent in the first 11 months.Trauma policies at this stage becomes critical. Car Insurance Quote works as the broker off the company because much company has show this quotes on the internet so that people easily collect the information about the any company.5 percent in the first quarter of 2018.This can actually reduce the performance of your motor, because the air near an engine is quite hot,**************************************************************************jerseyswholesalejerseys.us.com/************************Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap*********************************************************, and does not contain nearly as much oxygen as air from the outside.Visit my site*********************************************************jerseyswholesalejerseys.us.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Simple Swing Golf Forum © Copyright 2017 Simple Golf LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2