The Simple Swing Golf Forum
The Simple Swing Golf Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 2. SimpleSwing Q&A's (Ask Our Staff)
 1. Questions about Symple Swing.
 Stance questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BarryG

USA
21 Posts

Posted - March 26 2010 :  08:43:07 AM  Show Profile Send BarryG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've watched the DVD instructions to use a very narrow stance for pitching and a wide lockdown stance for all longer shots. If I'm hitting a full pitching wedge or 9 iron, do I use the wide lockdown stance? I assume it's either the narrow stance/weight on front foot or wide lockdown stance with weight back - there are no intermediate stances, correct?

One other question, if I may: I'm finding myself with a rather upright stance once I grip the club, make sure the club shaft is colinear with my forearm, and check that my weight is on the balls of my feet. It's a comfortable stance but is it okay if there isn't much bend at my hips?

Initial results at the driving range are very encouraging, and look forward to getting out on the course soon.

Thanks,
Barry

simpleswing

1189 Posts

Posted - March 26 2010 :  1:22:03 PM  Show Profile Send simpleswing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi BarryG,

I'm glad the initial results are encouraging.

Let me elaborate a little on the importance of a narrow stance for your short game:
One of the big differences with the Symple Swing short game is that we do almost everything with a narrow feet close together stance. The closer you have your feet together and the more weight you have on your front leg the less lower body motion you'll have. You should let your core (shoulders, chest & abdomen) pull your back hip open. You should not make a deliberate turn with your hip.

The reason we do this is simple, it reduces variables in your swing and makes you more accurate and more consistent. When you have your feet apart it becomes very easy to make slight movements with your body that effect your balance and shift your weight. When you shift your balance point your also shift the bottom of your swing arc. That means it will be much harder to make solid repeatable contact with the ball at impact.

Also, keeping your feet together you will find you have a more compact swing because keeping the narrow stance does limit the amount of your backswing. In this case that’s a very good thing because you will be much more consistent with a compact backswing. Many swing errors are introduced at the top of backswings. Having a compact swing eliminates all those potential errors.

When you have your feet together you are reducing the variables in your shot whether it’s a chip shot or a pitch. The bottom of your swing arc will always be at the same point giving you much more consistent contact because there is much less body movement. Some people have done this previously with chips. Now we are doing it for any shot where you can get the ball to the green easily with a compact swing with your feet together. For most people that means all shot inside 50 to 75 (or more) yards.

Let me give you a practical example. When I was at 100 yards I used to hit my sand wedge. Now I have an easier shot to use. I now use my 50 degree PW with my feet together and an upper body dominant compact swing. With this compact shot I am more consistent and more accurate that I ever was with my sand wedge. I normally hit my 50 degree gap wedge 125 yards. With my feet close together using the Symple Pitching motion I hit my 50 degree pitching wedge 100 yards. The big difference is that with this Symple Pitching motion I am more accurate and more consistent at 100 yards than I was with my full swing pitching wedge. Accuracy and consistency is exactly what we are striving for with our short game.

Regarding your "upright stance". Is the club soled (bottom of the club flat on the ground) correct. I'm thinking you might be a little too close and moving away from the ball and bending a bit more at the waist should be more comfortable. Standing so close to the ball that the heel of the club is up in the air a bit can work great on short chips but on longer pitches the toe will dig in and you may have some trouble.

You asked, "If I'm hitting a full pitching wedge or 9 iron, do I use the wide lockdown stance?" I'd recommend the feet together stance out to at least 50 yards. You may be comfortable out a bit farther. If you need the distance you go with the full swing. If you can comfortable get there with your feet together that will likely give you better results even if you have to use one or two clubs longer.

I hope this answers your questions. If it doesn't please feel free to ask again.

Joe Davidson
Simple Golf

Go to Top of Page

BarryG

USA
21 Posts

Posted - March 27 2010 :  1:58:48 PM  Show Profile Send BarryG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much for the helpful comments Joe. I'm clear now on the short/long stance question. And on my "uprightness", I think I've moved toward resolution as well. I just discovered that if I grip the club first so it's nice and colinear with my left arm, and only then address the ball and set my feet - I end up with a slight bend at the hips and less of that "uprightness".

I'm very encouraged by the simple, methodical nature of simple swing. Do this, this and this and the ball will fly straight off the club face. Previously when I played golf, I didn't have such a method to rely on - I had to find a "groove" with my swing and somehow stay in that groove and grope to regain the groove when it was inevitably and frequently lost.

Barry
Go to Top of Page

pausHoafsoina

Guyana
197 Posts

Posted - February 03 2018 :  04:10:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit pausHoafsoina's Homepage  Send pausHoafsoina an ICQ Message Send pausHoafsoina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These sites are what you need to understand. You're beginning this out alone, and you will need to allocate as much time as attainable to get it off the bottom within the early days and beyond. Right now, our business in Singapore has a vast difference of manufacturing, telecommunications, pharmaceutical, marine, offshore, ***********************************************You must be logged in to see this link. China Jerseys*********************************************************, aerospace, education and military in many nations all around the world.All these herbs are blended using a proven formula in Sfoorti capsules, the best herbal nutrition supplements, to increase energy and stamina. And then that would lead you to the kind of success you wanted to achieve with your goal. It is therefore very important that the approach made for a particular organization is made very carefully and correctly.It is usual to wear a minimal swimming costume although private nude bathing is popular in some spas. It is also used in the treatment of arthritis and diabetes.In many ways this is a calcium, sodium, hydrogen carbonate and iron. Apart from herbal supplements,***********************************************You must be logged in to see this link. Jerseys From China*********************************************************, the role of exercise and physical fitness to combat weakness and fatigue may look odd.***********************************************You must be logged in to see this link. NFL Jerseys Cheap*********************************************************. This means that you have to know why their market is loyal to them and formulate a strategy on how you can tap into their market. After the season an athlete skilful and cured delivers to begin the building out season of force and power still.<br>Visit my site£º******************************You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

pausHoafsoina

Guyana
197 Posts

Posted - February 11 2018 :  1:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit pausHoafsoina's Homepage  Send pausHoafsoina an ICQ Message Send pausHoafsoina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The type of person who believes that just because a business is online all they need to to is join and do nothing. Says that by participating in divorce mediation, Long Island couples have access to proven communication techniques that help them settle their differences with open and honest communication, and not pursue confrontational legal remedies.Billberries also shield collagen and capillaries in the eyes. **************************************************************************nfljerseysdiscount.us.com/************************Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China*********************************************************. it's a extremely cost-efficient investment and a simple thanks to expand your business. You would not wish to discover after you have things turned up missing that the person was formerly arrested for theft.Because of it#8217;s capillary strengthening impact,**************************************************************************nfljerseysdiscount.us.com/************************Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Online*********************************************************, Billberry is helpful to folks struggling from #8220;moist macular degeneration#8221;.Dr. People lead hectic lives.It is rotten to know that we reside in a world where you should examine an individual out prior to you can trust them; nevertheless, it is true due to the fact that you can not simply just count on anymore.**************************************************************************nfljerseysdiscount.us.com/************************Cheap Jerseys China*********************************************************. This may take some doing, as a result of you have to unravel the problems. Reliability:Traditional advertising techniques such as television and radio commercials simply come and go. There can be no compromising on this point.<br>Visit my site£º*********************************************************nfljerseysdiscount.us.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Simple Swing Golf Forum © Copyright 2017 Simple Golf LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2