The Simple Swing Golf Forum
The Simple Swing Golf Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 3. SimpleSwing Open Discussions
 1. Symple Swing Open Discussion (Full Swing)
 Pre Swing Wrist cock
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joe

21 Posts

Posted - September 30 2008 :  12:11:20 AM  Show Profile Send joe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

Did something very unusual today at the driving range. Did my normal setup over the ball but instead of the normal take away I preset my wrist FIRST. Which for me w/the 3:00 power thumb means I just lifted the club straight up so the club was parallel to the ground and pointing straight behind me. I would actually stop in this position. Then I just did a normal swing from there. Had to make sure I did my exact normal set up and then make sure everything stayed dead still, then wrist cock, then full swing. If I did this I could still make great contact with the ball. The reason it was such a big deal is my club head speed with my driver increased dramatically. I normally swing around the 94 - 97 mph range and using this method my slowest were 101 and my fastest were 105. Now I'm wondering if I can incorporate a "normal" speed early wrist cock and still see these results...we'll see. Maybe I haven't been setting my wrist enough and have been losing club head speed unknowingly??

-Joe

jclenden

USA
323 Posts

Posted - September 30 2008 :  5:01:03 PM  Show Profile Send jclenden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the early wrist cock keeps you from casting the club early on the way down then it certainly would improve your swing speed with every club. Casting results in loss of distance and a lower trajectory ball-flight (i.e. thin shot) with irons. I'll try your tip to see how I like it.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

joe

21 Posts

Posted - September 30 2008 :  5:52:23 PM  Show Profile Send joe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kind of strange really. I went back to the range today and had the same results. I feel like Charles Barkley (ever seen his swing?). I cock my wrist, pause for a second w/the club parallel to the ground, then do a normal swing. Hitting the ball a mile for me. Also hitting it higher and more right to left. I weakened my grip to about a 2:00 power thumb and they are going where I want them to go again. Interested to see if they are flying that much further on my regular course. I would think so with about 7+ MPH more club head speed. Now if I could just do the wrist cock without stopping so it doesn't look so strange. Tried at the range today but no luck. Just hit it bad and back to slower speed. Must mean I'm casting like a mad man with my "normal" swing.
Go to Top of Page

mikeoleary

573 Posts

Posted - October 01 2008 :  1:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikeoleary's Homepage Send mikeoleary a Private Message  Reply with Quote
joe
wow great club head speed with hinge/ I hope you are referring to thumb hinge/ any wrist hinging and club face opens and push or slice or even hook is result as you try to get back to square??
with thumb hinge club face stays square to the plane thus hits straight shots.
so if all is well and club head speed is increased and shot trajectory is better - who cares what is looks like really/ lol/ do it for a while until it becomes habit, ie the only way and it should become a little smoother and less visible. but again you don't write down how but how many right?
if you want very soon i will have skype video conferencing available and can see and talk to you in real time so we can do a 'video lesson' and i can really analyze and give you great feedback into why and how.
stay tuned and keep us updated on progress/ i think i will go try your method next time hitting balls.
good luck
Mike O
407 340 9420
Go to Top of Page

simpleswing

1189 Posts

Posted - October 01 2008 :  7:18:18 PM  Show Profile Send simpleswing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Joe,

the Pre-Cock Drill is covered here:
*url******************************************************simpleswing.forumco.com/topic~TOPIC_ID~565.asp*********************************************************

What the Pre-Cock Drill does is teach you the correct wrist position at the top of the backswing.

You're likely getting increased distance because your making a bigger shoulder turn. When your wrist is already cocked you feel like you have to turn your core (shoulders, chest & abdomen) a good bit to make a good swing. Since your wrist is already cocked you are likely keeping it a little looser and your core (shoulders, chest & abdomen) is able to whip it better. By that I mean the core is turning the arms and wrist are responding in sequence. What you're experiencing is "sequenced power" where your muscle groups are now firing in the correct sequence so they work together in an additive way boosting your club head speed.

Bottom line it sounds like the Pre-Cock Drill is working like it should. Keep up the good work.

Joe Davidson
Simple Golf
Go to Top of Page

joe

21 Posts

Posted - October 01 2008 :  11:10:27 PM  Show Profile Send joe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback guys. Hoping to get a round in Sunday to see if I gain any distance, still shape the ball how I want and keep it in the short stuff. Will let you know.

-Joe
Go to Top of Page

joe

21 Posts

Posted - October 05 2008 :  9:25:37 PM  Show Profile Send joe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uh...well not the results I was hoping for. Did NOT get to play on my normal course but did NOT feel like I was driving the ball any further with the pre swing wrist cock. Defininitely had some adjustments to make on the fly which is never good during a round. I'll stick w/it for a little longer. Maybe I only to the faster club head speed when I know have the swing speed dectector sitting there at the driving range?? Still shot a 90 (I'm a 15 HC) so score wasn't too bad considering how many shots I "lost" trying to adjust to this. Sure would like to see an extra 20 or 30 yards on the drives though...wouldn't we all!! I'll keep at it a few more weeks. Even if I go back to my old "normal" swing, I don't think this drill will create any bad habits.

-Joe
Go to Top of Page

mikeoleary

573 Posts

Posted - October 06 2008 :  08:52:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit mikeoleary's Homepage Send mikeoleary a Private Message  Reply with Quote
joe
hey/ we will get that extra yards - let me get thru some major paper work and editing the early part of this week so that in a few days i can do skype video conferencing and see your swing live either on range or in back yard hitting plastic balls/ (if you have web cam or dig video cam and laptop)/ i will give big discount to you and preferred customers so we can really help you in real time and get diagnosed correctly and immediately get on track with any swing fault.
hang in / call me if any questions
thanks
Mike O
407 340 9420
Go to Top of Page

pausHoafsoina

Guyana
197 Posts

Posted - February 02 2018 :  3:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit pausHoafsoina's Homepage  Send pausHoafsoina an ICQ Message Send pausHoafsoina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The creative opportunities with this yarn are unsurpassed. Article source:ezinearticles. The idea of a great adventure makes your heart race and the adrenaline pump through your body. Advanced planning and research will improve the chances of success for any business. These three sites give you the adventure that you have been dreaming about for your trip. Most women, who choose the home method do so because it is cheaper. Instead of using bold black dots, go for coloured graphics to be used as bullet points. Author Resource: Visit our web for more information: 400hz Frequency Converter, Fuji IGBT, **************************************************************************wholesalenflfootballjerseys.com/************************Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap*********************************************************, Eupec IGBT. It keeps you in upbeat health. Author Resource: Visit our web for more information: 400hz Frequency Converter, Fuji IGBT, Eupec IGBT. It doesn#8217;t matter if you offer something tangible or intangible. It is therefore very important that the approach made for a particular organization is made very carefully and correctly.**************************************************************************wholesalenflfootballjerseys.com/************************Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale China*********************************************************.**************************************************************************wholesalenflfootballjerseys.com/************************Wholesale Jerseys USA*********************************************************.<br>Visit my site£º*********************************************************wholesalenflfootballjerseys.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Simple Swing Golf Forum © Copyright 2017 Simple Golf LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2